Thursday, July 21, 2011

Blast to the Past


So I have been bitten by a bug.  This tiny, almost invisible creature has turned me back into a giddy, overly talkative, nervous teen and I have a new crush. 

From the perspective of my 16-year-old self:

Trust me I am not lying when I say he is only the hottest guy in school.  Tall, creamy olive skin, bright green eyes, dimples that make you weak in the knees and a smile that would make even Elvis himself swoon.  Plus, he Is a foreign exchange student from Canada!!  I mean how hot is that!!  He even has an accent!!  If that wasn’t enough, the dreamboat asked me to the prom!  I am still waiting to wake up from this wonderful dream…the most gorgeous specimen I have ever laid eyes on skipped over the cheerleaders, the dance team and the cute overachievers to ask out the drama nerd.  OMG!

The funny thing is it is five years later and for some reason this one guy has made me feel like that frizzy haired, nerdy girl all over again.  I have found myself bringing him up in conversation by remembering some topic of interest we shared.  I mean I actually get butterflies with him.  Well as much as I secretly wish life would end up like a 80s chick flick, all I can do is wish for the best.  So Mr. Charming, please be nice and give the nerd a chance?

No comments:

Post a Comment