Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Date #10: Running Full Force Toward Fate


There are signs when dating a guy that clearly outline how the events of the relationship will go.  First of all, if a guy cancels on you for any reason and does not automatically reschedule, red flag.  If he texts you and sounds a little less than enthused to be talking to you, red flag.  If he mentions wanting a relationship and being confused in the same sentence, red flag.  If only I caught these rd flags right away.  I decided to go out with this guy who looked like a nerd version of Justin Timberlake.  He was sweet, seemed genuine and took me on one of the most entertaining dates I have ever been on!  A little note for all you guys out there, the overly romantic thing is nice occasionally, so is the typical movie and dinner.  However, if you really want to capture a girl’s heart take her bowling and to a carnival.  You get to be the hero by winning her a prize and get to show her your skills as well as touch her by teaching bowling techniques.  So I was supposed to go on a third date with this guy and was seriously thinking about whether I wanted to give up my fabulous life of dating, excitement and freedom up.  He ended up calling me and saying that he didn’t think we should talk or see each other again without any real explanation.  So here I was Thursday night with no date and nothing to do, until I remembered the night before I went on a date and he invited me to a get together with his friends tonight.  I texted him and thought at least I wouldn’t be alone tonight.  Little did I realize but that one night would change my outlook completely.  One night full of beer pong, flip cup and homemade movies made me finally grasp that this was the guy I was willing to completely commit to.  There was no pondering the pros and cons of committing.  There was no worrying about losing my freedom by dating one guy and one guy alone.  There only was the feeling of belonging.  Now I can’t say that he is the one or even if we will end up in a relationship, but what I do know is I can be myself around him and that is an amazing start. 

So no worries avid readers, I am still going to be a serial dater for at least a little bit longer and even after that I promise to give you all the juicy details of dating dos and don’ts.  There just may be some relationship advice thrown in.  So the lesson of the day is the best things will happen when you least expect it. So have fun, live life to the fullest and you will be blessed with prince charming even if it takes you being stood up to realize it.

No comments:

Post a Comment