Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Date #6: Myth of a Bad Boy


“Just to let you know, I am an asshole.”  This was the pick up line that was used to engage my interest into the suave tall, dark and handsome man who wanted to dance at the club.  I am not sure if this line works on most girls but when I hear that a guy is a douchebag right out of the gate, my initial reaction is to run for the hills and not look back.  I decided he would be fun to banter with and following a few witty remarks back and forth and him clearly seeing that the bad boy act was not working, he started into the story of how he was trying to be better and how ashamed he is of his past endeavors.  This is when I realized that everything they say about the hot mysterious rebel is wrong. 

So for all you girls who want the badass follow these simple tips:

1.     1.  They are not as badass as they seem.  They give off this vibe of being unobtainable so that the females will try harder to get them therefore making the chase for them easy.  So what you do is talk to them like a normal person without being overly flirtatious or laughing like a hyena at all their jokes.
2.     2.  Never ask for their number or volunteer yours.  If a guy, especially a rebel wants to pursue you he will find a way to. 
3.    3.   Don’t worry about it.  If he doesn’t go though all the odds of the universe to try to pursue you, don’t worry about it.  Just know that he wasn’t worth your time anyway and he saved you a whole lot of heartache in the end.
4.   4.    Nice guys are sexy too!  I know the mystery of the bad boy is what makes you want them more than anything but in the end you will still be alone.  Give a nice guy a shot!  You may be surprised how sexy a caring, sweet man can be.

So the “asshole” who initially just viewed me as another conquest is still texting me but we will see if I will bite the bait or not.  This serial dater has found the secret to the bad boys and still has more research to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment