Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Date #4: Downfall of a serial dater

The number one rule of serial dating is never ever, NEVER EVER get attached. All of the sudden the butterflies come in and you turn into a clingy pre pubescent girl who just got told a guy likes her for the first time. This sucks, trust me. It is best when dealing with the art of dating to never get that excited after a first date. Even if he looks like your favorite Ken doll growing up and has the charm of George Clooney, become to into him and he will split faster than your brother can rip off Ken’s head.
Meet Kevin, a 32-year-old teacher and photographer who is easy on the eyes and has the heart melting dimples that seem to be my kryptonite. We went out on a date and I wasn’t expecting too much but low and behold it was one of the best dates ever. We first went to an Asian restaurant, I say Asian because I am not sure if it was Chinese or Vietnamese, etc., which was delicious. We actually ordered almost the same meal, which is a clear sign from cupid that we are compatible. Then we decided to go to a movie, which is sweet, and then he said he wanted to see “No Strings Attached” which is even sweeter! I mean what guy actually enjoys chick flicks and is straight! I was sold and if that wasn’t enough while waiting for the movie we went to my favorite coffee shop and played cards for 2 hours!! The night ended with a sweet kiss and the hope of another magical meeting in the works soon…this is when I realized my downfall. I started to become the smitten stereotype you think only exists in movies. I became the dorky, fashion less, awkward girl that I spent all of high school and most of college thus far trying to steer clear of. This is when my subconscious decided to pay me a visit and I will graciously share that advice with all of you females readers out there.
So for all you ladies out there that would rather be the one saying “it’s over” rather than being stood up follow this simple tip. To date a man, date like a man. Confused are you? Well when you think of a guy dating he wants what is unobtainable and will settle for what is in front of him until the Greek goddess is his. The main point to be a successful serial dater is merely to not care. Sounds too easy to be true but it is the one thing that puts us on Venus and them on Mars. So for once in my life I am going to follow my own advice and cest la vie. I am a free spirit with fun and carefree drive on the mind and I am about to light up this town.

No comments:

Post a Comment