Thursday, February 10, 2011

Key to maintaining a dating status


To anyone wanting to embark on the strenuous and exciting journey of serial dating be forewarned that this road may be a lonely one.  I know being this sophisticated woman about town is the ideal life with glamour, amazing clothes and fancy drinks with ridiculous names, but at the end of the day none of those will make you matzo ball soup when you get sick.

So key of wisdom #1…don’t be afraid to say “I need my mommy.”  I promise wanting someone to give you a hug and tell you how stupid your actions are is not sissy, but a lie detector and Snuggie all rolled into one complete package.  Not only do you get some humble pie when having to admit someone else is right, but also you get the loving teddy bear that will never leave your side. 

Key of wisdom #2…get a best friend of the opposite sex.  I am not talking about a friend who you occasionally make out with when you are drunk, although those are nice sometimes.  No I am talking about an I need your advice, I want to eat like a pig, I don’t care if you see me without makeup friend.  You need a best gay!  I mean it!  Think of any great team out there….Grace has Will, Mercedes has Kurt and Snow White has seven little men…all you need is a bestie that bats for the other team to complete you dating trifecta.  If you still aren’t convinced imagine a fashion guru, boy shopper, fake date, sensitive cuddle buddy who is extremely blunt, won’t have a motive to get into your pants (at least not while you are wearing them) and will always notice what you wish a straight guy would.  Trust me, if you are ever feeling down go to a gay bar and you will be getting a slew of “girl you look fierce” and “I would so go straight for you” all night long.  Have no fear serial daters and aspiring serial daters out there, follow these 2 keys and you will be on your way to becoming a Sex in the City gal in no time!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment